Monday, April 13, 2015

Here comes the heat.......

My Dear Family and Friends,

 M. has not prayed yet, and B.  has been really hard to find because she works in Xalapa which is... 3 or so hours away. I´m not sure. Xalapa is part of a different mission.  We do have some good news coming up later.....

 Wow is it ever getting hot! We shower two times a day now. In the morning and  at night. Showering with cold water is one of the most refreshing things. But I still like sleeping in my sweater. Hna Martinez told me last night ´´You´re crazy. You´re sleeping in a sweater and here I am sweating.´´  I just said,  ´´I´ve got the window.´´  I sleep by the wall where the window is and Hna Martinez is a little claustrophobic so it´s always open.

Yesterday in the chapel we had all the windows open and the ceiling fans going because the air conditioning wasn´t working.  Later during Gospel Principles ,the bishop was in the classroom and trying to get the AC going...and it started!!!  He looked at me with the biggest look of amazement on his face.  At the same time we said to each other ´´CHEESE PARTY!cheese party." Not" fiesta de queso." Cheese party is a little inside joke I have with a few of the members. Mainly the bishops family, and Julio and Monse. They don´t have cheese parties here, and when I told Hna Jarquin about them one of the first weeks I had here,  she thought it was the weirdest thing.

This week we had a lady tell us that she had a testimony that Saturday was the Sabbath day and advised us that we really needed to study the Bible better to have the same conviction.  And a guy on the street with a little too much beer to drink tried to kiss my hand.  I told him he couldn´t because the only being I was dedicated to was God, and only Him. We are spotting dogs everywhere on the streets. Like 4 of them sleeping in a row! Whenever there are dogs, squirrels or airplanes in sight,  I am well informed, because Hna Martinez loves them all. She also LOVES tortillas. And ketchup. We were shopping today  waiting at the till, and she said to me ´´´We forgot tortillas and ketchup!!!!´´ So...we left the line and returned to get the two items.

So I continue to study the Book of Mormon and LOVE IT!!! Yesterday I was reading the chapter where Jesus blesses the little children. It´s his first day teaching in the Americas and he's about the leave but the Nephites start to cry so he decides to stay a little longer and tells them to bring the little children to him so he can bless them.

3 Nephi 17

 21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.

 22 And when he had done this he wept again;

 23 And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.

 24 And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.



 It seriously just warmed my heart reading this and made me so happy. Little children are innocent and some of the most loving creatures. Jesus blessed them and wept for them. I imagine he was weeping of joy for being in the presence of so many little ones. He tells them to" Behold", in Spanish ´´mirad´´ is used.  It means' look'. So clearly he wanted to Nephites to look at the little ones for their example.  I really like in English how it says' little ones.'  It made me think of Grampa Des because I remember he would call me little one.

 This morning I was reading 19 and it´s the next day and Nephi is baptizing the people with the authority of Jesus gave them, and  angels are ministering to them,  and in the middle of it all Jesus appear again. He tells the Nephites to pray, so they do.  In the middle of that Jesus goes to pray to Heavenly Father as well.  When he came back to see the Nephites still praying, he smiled.  When he returned again from another prayer and they are still praying he smiles again.  So... I know that prayer is super important and I have a strong testimony of it.  I learned how happy Jesus is when we pray. No doubt when we are here on earth praying, he must be smiling down at us as well. We´re praying to our Father, His Father.   Read further for some more great things....I have more to write now!



 Friday evening we went to a house of this person we contacted and made an appointment with. A minute before E Acevedo called us to tell us a reference. The person we had planned to visit was not at her house so we decided to go find this reference. Her name is A.  and she is looking for a church to attend. She´s hopped around trying different churches and hasn´t quite gripped on them yet. 4 of her grandchildren live with her and the littlest one is one of the cutest girls ever. She accepted the invitation to baptism, went the a ward activity about Family History Saturday night and really enjoyed it, and also enjoyed church on Sunday.

And... one of the recent converts told us her mom wants us to start teaching her!!!

Everyone be awesome, pray and read the scritpures and you´ll be amazed by the things  you learn.



Love

Hermana Jones

Has to wait to more weeks to open her Birthday package.....

No comments:

Post a Comment