Saturday, January 4, 2014

Who's Your Favourite Missionary?

Today marks 60 days. Tomorrow marks 2 months. In the words of my friend "it sounds so long but it's really not". I still feel like I have so much to do. It's a little bit crazy, but alas, I am still here.

A week for two after I received my call, I was at Gospel Principles class. The brother who was teaching us this class was asking who our favourite biblical missionaries were.  Some answers were Abinidi, Paul or Jesus Christ himself. Mine? Let me take you back about 7 months from now.

 In my scriptures I was reading about Alma the Younger and the sons of Mosiah who once were rebelling and telling people to stray from the church but then after the angel came down on them, they became converted. I was reading the chapters in which they are on missions and teaching people like the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's.  Here is something I wrote in my journal.

    " It doesn't really say it word for word - but these men were on missions. They could
      have chosen to stay where they did all their lives. But they didn't. They went out to              lands where they've never been, residing with people and loving, and saving them,                and teaching them about the gospel. Such selfless people!"

That was the night I knew I needed to serve a mission. It was an amazing to feel that Heavenly Father needed me somewhere else to be teaching the gospel. 

Guess what my answer was.




No comments:

Post a Comment