Wednesday, December 11, 2013

To Help

I've heard mission stories where a missionary and his/her companion comes in acquaintance with someone is not completely happy with their life. Either they've had a rough past, are still in that kind of position or just feel like something is missing and they haven't found what it is yet. But once they are introduced to the missionaries and through learning the gospel, their life turns a 180.

I want that experience. I want to help people find what they can't find on their own. I want people to feel Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for them, as I feel it in my own life. I want to make a difference in someone's life. I remember for my grade nine farewell, our theme was dreams. Each person was given a thought bubble and in that bubble we had to put down something we wanted to do in our lives. Bet you can guess what I put. I put something along the lines of 'change someone's life for the better'. What better opportunity than to go on a mission. 

On Facebook, there is a group for potential, current (for those that can have Facebook on their missions), and returned sister missionaries called Many are called .... but few are sisters. I love it. There's this one girl, Charlotte, that posted a video about her conversion, and I thought it was so cool and I'd like to share it.

She has a mission call now and she'll be serving in the Canada Calgary mission. Here is her story.




No comments:

Post a Comment